Support this blog

Sleepless - Find me on Bloggers.com

Monday, February 20, 2012

I apologize for my absence

I know I've been absent from here lately. Unfortunately that's in no way a sign of that there's less injustice in the world, or that less issues make me upset these days. Even the latter would be preferable to the real reason...

My now almost 8 month old baby was diagnose with a rare form of cancer a little over a month ago, so I'm sure you understand that taking care of him and, trying to deal with our devastation is about all I have time for.

I hope I'll be back to update this blog one day. In the meantime, please consider the following to make a difference for children suffering from cancer:

  • Get on a list for bone marrow donors in your country. Numerous children die each year because no match can be found and, you can make a difference and save innocent lives.




  • Educate yourself and others about childhood cancers in general and, retinoblastoma inparticular, so that you know the signs if it happens to a child close to you< starting treatment early is crucial for all this children!




  • Make a donation to either one of the various organizations and funds promoting research. That is literally the only ope of finding a cure, so that no more parents will have to watch their children die a slow and agonizing death.




  • Share this information with as many as humanly possible to help raise awareness.






No comments: