Support this blog

Sleepless - Find me on Bloggers.com

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

if you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything

The 4th of October was the day when the racist party, the Sweden Democrats officially took their seats in the swedish parliament, something that forever is going to tarnish the history of this country. Unfortunately it has also become obvious that they'll have final say in every single one of the 15 standing committees, which only is possible because we're going to be stuck with a minority government this time. I still can't understand how it could happen, but we gotta look forward, and focus on the future. I don't know about you, but I promise myself to do everything in my power, to make sure that the ones who were lulled in to a false sense of security by the Sweden Democrats, or any racist organization, will realise what they're all about. It's extremely sad how they were able to get votes from people who aren't really rasist, with lies, lies, and more lies. People who's never even voted once before in their lives went to cast their votes for them, all because of their fear inducing tactics. If you stand for nothing; you'll fall for anything, is very true in this case. We'll just have to keep reminding ourselves that 94,3 % did not vote for this, and there were numorous demonstrations all over the country today to prove it. me and my son went to the one here in my town of course. He's a bit yung maybe, but I want him to be a part of this. It's so important that he learns that we're all equal, and that the battle isn't lost, it's never lost! I read recently that as much as 98,5 %, or something in that vecinity, of all human DNA is exactly the same, so it's just the remaining 1,5 % or so that makes us unique. I think it's something all of us should keep in mind from time to time. I'm very glad that so many people were there to show their support for human dignity and the equal worth of all lives . The quote of the day was definitely: "I have a suggestion, if all of us who didn't vote for racism join the Sweden Democrats today, we'll take over their party, and just shut down the damn thing in no time!"

No comments: